Jennifer presents an interactive program that looks at one woman’s recovery from addiction, trauma and adversity and identifies key components of what can help a person turn their lives around. Jennifer Storm is the ultimate survivor turned thriver having recently chronicled her own story of victimization and recovery in her memoirs Blackout Girl: Growing up and Drying out in America and Leave the Light On.
Now with her new self-help book, Picking Up the Pieces Without Picking Up: A Guidebook Through Victimization for People in Recovery, Jennifer takes her journey one step further speaking on behalf of her current work as CEO of Victim/Witness Assistance Program, a non-profit victims service organization that serves over 8,000 crime victims annually. She shares step-by-step compassionate advice on how to navigate the criminal justice system, heal from trauma and victimization all while maintain or finding recovery from substance abuse.
As a child and teen survivor of sexual assault as well as a woman in recovery from addiction, Jennifer Storm can speak first hand about the complexities of biological and emotional responses of trauma, understanding sexual identity, the affects of substance abuse and recovery, and victim’s rights. Ms. Storm will discuss specifically about issues related to Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, trauma associated with the aftermath of sexual assault, addiction as a coping mechanism and finally how to heal as a survivor.
Participants will not only learn from a woman who is an adult thriving after trauma and addiction but will also gain insight and understanding about how American teen culture impacts sexual identity and the pressure to engage in high-risk behaviors. The learning environment will be interactive, fun, and educational. Questions and discussion will be encouraged. Ms. Storm has a unique story that can be presented in a variety of ways to a variety of audiences. She has given hundreds of lectures, keynote presentations, workshops, book readings, etc.
Plenary & Keynote Topics
- Recovery and Resiliency-Jennifer Storm’s personal story
- Sexual Assault & Consent when Intoxicated Educational Program with Laws Tailored to Your StateAddiction
- Freshman Orientation on Alcohol Awarenss & Sexual Assault
- Athlete Specific Trainings
- Sexuality, Bullying & Hate Crimes
- Suicide Prevention
- Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault
- Trauma, Victimization, Substance Abuse
- Victims Rights & Navagating the Criminal Justice System
- Healing in the Aftermath of Crime & Substance Abuse
- Management & Marketing For Non-Profit Organizations
- How to write, speak and publish your personal story