Jennifer presents an interactive program that looks at one woman’s recovery from addiction, trauma and adversity and identifies key components of what can help a person turn their lives around. Jennifer Storm is the ultimate survivor turned thriver having chronicled her own story of victimization and recovery in her memoirs Blackout Girl: Growing up and Drying out in America and Leave the Light On and Picking Up the Pieces Without Picking Up: A Guidebook Through Victimization for People in Recovery. She shares step-by-step compassionate advice on how to navigate the criminal justice system, tips for healing from trauma and victimization all while maintain or finding recovery from substance use.
As a child and teen survivor of sexual assault and a woman in long-term recovery from addiction, Jennifer Storm can speak first hand about the complexities of biological and emotional responses of trauma, understanding sexual identity, the effects of substance abuse, the possibility and real hope of finding and maintaining long-term recovery, and victim’s rights. Mrs. Storm will discuss issues related to Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault, trauma associated with the aftermath of sexual assault, addiction as a coping mechanism and finally how to heal as a survivor.
The learning environment will be interactive, fun, and educational. Questions and discussion will be encouraged. Mrs. Storm has a unique story that can be presented in a variety of ways to a variety of audiences. She has received rave reviews when presenting and audiences leave feeling hopeful and inspired.
She has given hundreds of lectures, keynote presentations, workshops, book readings, etc.
Plenary & Keynote Topics
- Recovery and Resiliency-Jennifer Storm’s personal story
- Sexual Assault & Consent Educational Program with Laws Tailored to Your State
- Freshman Orientation on Alcohol Awareness & Sexual Assault & Consent
- Athlete Specific Trainings
- Sexuality, Bullying & Hate Crimes
- Suicide Prevention
- Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault
- Trauma, Victimization, Substance Abuse
- Victims Rights & Navagating the Criminal Justice System
- Healing in the Aftermath of Crime & Substance Abuse
- Management & Marketing For Non-Profit Organizations
- How to write, speak and publish your personal story